Outsourcing is a common business buzzword these days, as more and more cost and quality conscious small business owners are turning to Managed IT Service Providers for outsourcing their IT business processes. So, what exactly is IT outsourcing and what are the benefits of having a Managed IT Service Provider operate your IT infrastructure for you? This blog looks at the benefits of outsourcing your IT and the value proposition offered by a Managed IT Service Provider like ANP.
What is IT Outsourcing?
IT Outsourcing refers to the way in which a small business Owners and non-profit Executive Directors entrust their organizations IT processes to a Managed IT Service Provider. Any IT business process that can be done remotely can be outsourced. This includes functions like managing and monitoring your Servers, your firewall, Internet connection, PCs and backups. Plus, your employees have the ability to call and request Help Desk support during business hours as well. Some of the IT processes that can be outsourced to IT providers like ANP are Microsoft patching, Anti Virus updates and scans, malware scans, disk drive de-fragmentation, Active Directory policy creation and enforcement, proactive support such as, UPS battery testing, Backup file recovery testing, and system log reviews to name a few.
Benefits of IT Outsourcing to a Managed IT Service Provider
There are many benefits of outsourcing your small business IT to a Managed IT Service Provider. Some of them are:
- Cost advantages: The most obvious and visible benefit relates to the cost savings that IT outsourcing brings about. You can get the job done at a lower cost and at better quality as well. We find that many of our new clients have been using Time & Materials reactive support and when we ask them to consolidate a years worth of T&M invoices they are often surprised how much they are spending and how many times a single IT issue is worked on. There is a cost savings of around 30% by outsourcing your work to Managed IT Service Provider. Plus, the quality of the services provided is high thereby ensuring that low-cost does not mean low quality.
- Increased Uptime Less Downtime: When you outsource your IT needs to an outsourcing partner like ANP, they bring years of experience in IT best-practices and expertise in delivering greater reliability and uptime for your IT infrastructure. Thus, they can do the job better with their knowledge and understanding of your IT than doing-IT-yourself. This leads to an increase in your employee productivity and efficiency thereby contributing to the bottom-line of your organization.
- Focus on Growing your Business: Outsourcing your IT processes will free you and your employees energies and enable your company to focus on building your brand, growing your business, and move on to providing higher value added services to your customers.
- Unlimited Access to Skilled IT Engineers: When you outsource your IT, you never have to worry about IT employee vacations, or calling in sick, or asking for a raise or an expensive IT training course. IT Service Providers like ANP take care of the technical staffing needs with their pool of highly skilled engineers. The IT engineers employed by ANP are well educated in the respective IT areas of expertise and have over a 200 combined years of experience in handling small business IT issues of all kinds.
- Fixed Fee Predictable IT Budget: Apart from the cost advantage to outsourcing, the other benefit has to do with the ANP’s approach to Fixed Monthly Fees. For a flat all-inclusive monthly fee, you can have your PCs and Servers completely supported 24 hours a day. Plus receive unlimited Help Desk access during business hours.
- IT Peace of Mind: What is the value to a business owner to rest assured that his IT systems are secure, available and being run by professional IT engineers? Imagine never having to worry about the back up or if your systems are set up correctly. By outsourcing your IT to professionals, you can enjoy peace of mind!