If you’re using Office 365, then you may already be familiar with SharePoint Online as it comes with most business licenses. SharePoint is an extremely powerful application that is used for file storage, document management, internal and external collaboration, automating workflows and much more. SharePoint can be used as a corporate intranet (or extranet), and essentially acts as the backend to Microsoft Teams.
Here are a few reasons why you should migrate your corporate data and business files to SharePoint:
- Access your critical business documents securely from a web browser, or any devices at anytime.
- Get rid of your traditional file server and costly upgrades associated with it.
- Ditch your VPN and clunky Remote Desktop Solution
- Instant access to Microsoft's most current software for all of your employees.
- Leverage built-in Office 365 enterprise security.
- Encrypt documents so they can’t be read by an unauthorized user even if they have a copy of the file.
- Advanced compliance features are available to detect and label sensitive documents, such as those containing social security or credit card numbers; to set up document retention and records management, and to perform eDiscovery should it become necessary.
- Seamless integration with the Microsoft Office Suite, including OneDrive & Teams - with instant access to video, chat, a cloud-based phone system.
- Enable co-authoring, where multiple users can edit a document simultaneously, ending the dreaded “file is locked for editing” message.
- Intelligent search functionality to find your documents as quick as you can search Google.
- Single Sign-On: SharePoint is great at giving you access to all the apps you need with one sign-on. Instead of continuously signing into different systems and software, SharePoint is your single sign-on.
- Version History: If you’re managing by email, there is a better way! When documents get sent emails back and forth it can gets difficult to determine which is the most up-to-date version. SharePoint can really help with version history. With SharePoint, you can check out documents, have employees edit them, and then check them back into SharePoint.
- SharePoint has the ability to create built-in automated workflows which takes a lot of the labor, guesswork, and randomness out of standard work processes. SharePoint can ensure employees have the appropriate approval to access and edit documents.
- Easy Collaboration: It’s easy to work on projects when everything you need is in one place. Collaborate effortlessly and securely with team members inside and outside your organization, across PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
- You may already be paying for the storage—Microsoft recently increased the amount of SharePoint storage included as part of Office 365 by a factor of 20. So why not take advantage of it?
ANP has a team of Microsoft Cloud Experts ready to help you with your SharePoint migration. Interested in finding out if SharePoint is a good solution for your business? Contact us today to get started!