Systems Support Engineer Level 1- Service Desk Team
Are you an energetic team player with exceptional customer service skills? Do you enjoy learning new technologies and solving problems? If so, we encourage you to read on and apply for the IT Systems Support Engineer – Level 1.
IT Systems Support Engineer – Level 1 is a great opportunity to take your career to the next level in a highly-collaborative, team-oriented environment, with endless hands-on training and learning experiences.
This is a full time position based out of our Plymouth Meeting, PA headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Systems Support Engineer – Level 1 will join a team of highly skilled Service Support and Help Desk engineers. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for maintaining customer uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective problem identification and resolution activities.
- Work one-on-one with customers remotely to troubleshoot technical support requests
- Clear communication with customers about the status of their issues
- Take escalation requests from other team members
- Management and maintenance of systems and processes
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with desktop operating systems
- Email Administration with basic level of user management including configuring new accounts, password resets, and troubleshooting user login, profile and permission issues
- Basic virtualization Administration and architecture knowledge such as rebooting virtual machines, allocating necessary resources, and maintaining the hypervisor
- Basic domain functionality experience with Active Directory functionalities, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP
- High level experience and knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Backup Solutions
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting Remote Desktop Services and VPN
- Basic understanding of core network components
- Maintaining standards and documentation on an ongoing basis as products and technologies evolve
- 1 year minimum of IT administration and support experience with Windows, including management of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group policy
- Previous Experience in a fast-paced consulting or MSP environment is a plus, but not required
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree desired (or equivalent professional experience)
- CompTIA A+, Network+, OR Microsoft MCSA certifications (or the commitment to achieving certifications in your first year of employment)
An Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- Confidence and experience in front of clients
- Strong ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills
At ANP, we hire good people and build long-term relationships with our employees to help them maximize their career potential. We offer several continuing education opportunities and always promote from within whenever possible. When you join the ANP family, you’re not just a body. We have a small business work culture with large business benefits including:
- Health, Vision Insurance
- 401k, including Employer Match
- 6 weeks of Personal Time Off
- Flex holidays and comp time
- Yearly bonuses
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Work from home opportunities
- Training and continuing education opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Company paid happy hours
- Community volunteering benefits
- And much more!
ANP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.